Google App Engine Tutorial
Google App Engine, a cloud computing platform for hosting web application in existing Google infrastructure, it’s easy to scale, manage and free to use up to a predefined consumed resources, and it supports Java. For additional charged, please refer to this GAE billing .
In this series of tutorials, we will show you a list of tutorials to get you start program Google App Engine using Java.
All GAE tutorials are developed with “Eclipse 3.7 + Google Plugin for Eclipse” and “Google App Engine Java SDK 22.214.171.124“.
1. Quick Start
Say hello to Google App Engine.
- Google App Engine + Java hello world example using Eclipse
GAE + Eclipse + Java hello world example.
- Google App Engine + Python hello world example using Eclipse
GAE + Eclipse + PyDev + Python web hello world example.
- GAE + Python hello world on Mac OS X
GAE + Python web hello world example, using GAE launcher.
2. GAE + Struts 1 & 2
Struts 1 & 2 framework integration and some common errors you may hit.
- Google App Engine + Struts 1.x example
Integrate classic Struts 1.x framework with Google App Engine.
- Google App Engine + Struts 2 example
Integrate Struts 2 framework with Google App Engine.
- Struts 2 on GAE – Error: result ‘null’ not found
- Struts 2 on GAE – java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
- javax.swing.tree.TreeNode is a restricted class
3. GAE + JSF 2
JSF 2 framework integration and some common errors you may hit.
- Google App Engine + JSF 2 example
Integrate JSF 2 framework with Google App Engine.
- Unable to instantiate ExpressionFactory ‘com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl’
- View /hello.xhtml could not be restored
- javax.naming.InitialContext is a restricted class
4. GAE + Spring
Spring framework integration.
- Google App Engine + Spring 3 MVC REST example
Integrate Spring MVC framework with Google App Engine.
In GAE for Java, you can store data in “datastore”, via datastore low-level api, JDO or JPA. In this example, we will use Spring MVC for demonstration.
- Google App Engine + Spring MVC, CRUD example with datastore low level api
- Google App Engine + JDO + Spring MVC, CRUD example
Some common asked questions in Google App Engine.
- Cron job on Google App Engine for Java
Create “cron.xml” and put it in “WEB-INF” folder.
- GAE + Java – Integrating Google user account
Example to use
userServiceto integrate Google user account in GAE + Java project.
- Configure logging in Google App Engine
- Download / export Google App Engine Logs, Java App
AppCfg request_logs to download logs from GAE.
- Download uploaded application from Google App Engine
AppCfg download_app to download uploaded application from GAE.
- Your project must be configured to use a JDK in order to use JSPs
- How to install Google Plugin for Eclipse
Steps to show guide you install “Google Plugin for Eclipse” in Eclipse 3.7
- Google Plugin for Eclipse – jar has been tampered!
- GAE : how to output log messages to a file
Output log message to a file, instead of log console.