How to compile PostgreSQL database source code in linux
It’s been a long time i didnt update my blog, recently i’m busy research on Hyper Estraier , it is a powerful full text search engine written in c, i will write some information about it future.
Ok i provide following steps to show how to compile PostgreSQL database source code in linux.
1) Please visit postgres website to get latest source. I will get a latest v8.3.3 source for demonstration.
2) Changed to your postgres source path and type following command, please change your file name accordingly
tar -zxvf postgresql-8.3.1.tar.gz
it will extract all source code into current path.
3) Please change to your postgres source code file path and type “./configure”, it will configure some necessary information for PostgreSQL
4) Type “make”, this will compile PostgreSQL source code
5) If anything ok, just issue final command to install PostgreSQL in your linux
After you installed PostgreSQL in your linux, it is required to do some configuration in order to connect to your PostgreSQL, please visit here to read more about it.