How to install Hyper Estraier in Linux
Hyper Estraier is a very powerful full text search engine written in C, after i make some comparison between different kind of full text search engine, i decided to use Hyper Estraier full text search engine in our company project. Hyper Estraier had some unbeatable features which other full text search engine lack of, for instance, it enable unlimited scalibilty or cross processing in different server same time, and left-right hand wildcard search. Here i provide some basic steps to demostrate how to install Hyper Estraier in Linux.
1) Before install Hyper Estraier, Please install following libraries as Hyper Estraier is depend on it.
libiconv : for conversion of character encodings. 1.9.1 or later is suggested (glibc includes it).
tar -zxvf libiconv_xxx.tar ./configure make sudo make install
zlib : for loss-less data compression. 1.2.1 or later is suggested.
tar -zxvf zlib_xxx.tar ./configure make sudo make install
QDBM : for embedded database. 1.8.75 or later is required.
tar -zxvf QDBM_xxx.tar ./configure --enable-zlib make sudo make install
P.S Build QDBM with enabling zlib (./configure –enable-zlib) so that the index of Hyper Estraier becomes smaller.
2) After installed all libraries above, please visit Hyper Estraier official site
3) Download Hyper Estraier “hyperestraier-1.4.13.tar.gz”
4) Unzip it
tar -zxvf hyperestraier-1.4.13.tar.gz
5) Vi README in Hyper Estraier folder to study Hyper Estraier file structure.
6) Configure, make, check, and install
./configure make make check sudo make install
8) Try Hyper Estraier indexing, create an new index call “textindex” and index /usr/local/download/hyperestraier-1.4.13 folder
estcmd gather -sd testindex /usr/local/download/hyperestraier-1.4.13
9) Try search “java” word in existing index, it will return all files which contain “java”
estcmd search -va -max 1 testindex java
P.S Hyper Estraier is really very powerful full text search engine, thanks Mikio Hirabayashi