Html Tutorial Hello World
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a simple hello world page with HTML. Firstly, let explains some of the HTML basics.
- HTML is stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML is a text file which consists a set of markup tags like (<html><body></html></body>).
- Almost all of the markup tag has start tag <html> and close tag </html>. Close tag is start with a “/”.
- The markup tags is just like a command to tell web browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer) what should do.
- HTML file must have htm or html as file extension.
- HTML file is not case sensitive. <html>, <HTML> or <hTmL> are all same tag.
- HTML file can be edit with any text editor like notepad or wordpad in windows , vi or emacs in unix or linux.
Steps to create HTML page
Let start to create a classic “Hello world” HTML file.
1. Text Editor
Open your favorite text editor, e.g Notepad. Create an empty text file.
2. HTMP Code
Copy and paste the following HTML code into your newly open text file.
<html> <header><title>This is title</title></header> <body> Hello world </body> </html>
3. Save It
Click File, Save it with a HTML file extension, e.g “anynameyoulike.html”
Double click to view it. (Or open the newly saved HTML file with your favor Internet browser).
Explanation of code
- <html></html> tag is tell internet browser this file is a start and end of the HTML file document.
- Text between <header></header> tag is for HTML header information, which is not display in internet browser.
- Text between <title></title> will display in left-up corner in internet browser, it’s web page title.
- Text between <body></body> will display as content in internet browser.